Thursday 16 March 2023

This morning the weather was even worse than yesterday afternoon. Wetter and windier! 

However, a cracking male Firecrest was singing its little heart out outside our back door when I went out to check on the solar power system. I didn’t have any optics, not even sure where they are to be honest (!), my camera is nowhere to be seen (buried amongst all the stuff in the gift shop) and it was showing extremely well. I rushed back in to grab my phone to try and get a picture on that, went back out and can’t find him anywhere! 🤷‍♂️

Emma and I spent the day cleaning our house before we could begin to unpack. Good news was the Rayburn had kept it dry and damp free.   Bad news however from the Obs. Emyr has been running the generator during the winter for us so as it A) doesn’t seize up, and B) it starts the central heating. However, the central heating thermostat had failed at some point quite early on in the winter. The battery connection inside the thermostat had corroded and snapped meaning that the central heating did not kick in.

Broken and corroded terminal
Very damp Lounge wall

Lots of mould has grown all over the Lodge - is it just me or can we all see a Kite growing in the mould!?

Part of the afternoon was spent  re-fueling the Kerosene tank

New funded tanks made pumping the fuel much more time efficient

No comments:

Post a Comment